We ask the same question of all the guests who come on the podcast: “What have you had to say NO to in order to say YES to pursuing your passion?”
We dedicated a whole line of our manifesto to this idea of intentionally choosing our Yeses & Nos because if there’s one thing we’re learning, it’s that we can’t do ALL THE THINGS. At least we can’t do them all well. Here at the Mom Wants More community we understand that you are women who care about living well because we are too.
We want to be good moms.
We want to be showing up well for our spouses and friends and jobs.
We also really want to cultivate our inner creative life.
We feel that longing to create things and share them and put our unique brand of art out in the world.
It can be tough to find balance between our priorities and our desires, especially when they’re so intimately linked.
So today we’re sitting down and sharing a behind the scenes peak into how this actually looks in our everyday, unglamorous real-life. Alana & Amber each share a few of their own personal Yeses & Nos during their current seasons of transitions, big moves, cultivating new dreams, and of stepping into new roles/projects.
LINKS WE DISCUSS IN THIS EPISODE:
- Tim Ferris Podcast Interview with BJ Novak (Blue Sky Idea)
- Anthropologie juice glasses
- This Quote
- The Mom Wants More Manifesto
- Alana’s Choosing What Not to Be Good At post
CONNECT WITH AMBER & ALANA:
- Be Alana’s Email Bestie, sign up for her Newsletter
- Be Amber’s Email Bestie, sign up for her Newsletter
- Alana’s Instagram: @alana_pilar
- Amber’s Instagram: @ambersalhus